This guide on best electric blankets will help you get a perfect one. It will provide you with valuable information about electric blankets along with our top picks of best electric blankets. Many of the electric blankets that come today have adjustable heat settings making them usable for all year round for a variety of needs and purposes. Whether you want to save the electric bill during the cold nights of winter, ease your period pain or simply want to relish a warm feel, you can just snuggle in an electric blanket.
How do electric blankets work?
An electric blanket is made from a heavy and sturdy material that has an internal integrated wiring system providing warmth and heat through the use of coil wires. The blankets generally have a plug that goes into the electrical outlet and then can be set on different levels of heat. Majority of the electrical linens are a blend of acrylic and polyester material. This mixture prevents the potential risk of fire hazards while being linked enough to trap the warmth and maintain it.
Most brands commonly offer at least three levels of heat that include low, medium and high. And the electric blankets that are made for king-sized or double beds might come with adjustable heat settings for each side. The price of the electric blankets vary from brand to brand, but most of them can be purchased for less than $150.
Common features of electric blankets:
Below are some common features that are found in the best blankets available in the market. So when purchasing an electric blanket, please ask for the below mentioned features that are suitable for you.
• Heat Settings: Electric blankets today come with adjustable heat settings giving you a range of temperature options. Some models may let you program these settings like warming up the blanket automatically for a set period of time or automatically shutting it off after some time.
• Composition: Polyester is typically used for the manufacturing of electric blankets which is a fire-resistant, comfortable and thick fabric. Some electric blankets come with an LCD that displays easy to read adjustments.
• Washing: You will have to remove the controls and plug of the blanket and wash the remaining fabric in the machine and then dry it. Please refer to the care instructions that come with your blanket for more knowledge.
• Size: Blankets come in different sizes that usually match with the standard sizes of mattresses (full, twin, king and queen). Electric Blankets for mattresses with a place for two people usually have heat adjustment for both sides.
• Low-Voltage: There are two main types of electric blankets; regular and low-voltage. Both blankets are completely safe. However, the low-voltage variant will be safer and drain less electricity but may take a bit longer to warm up.
• Warranty: Most brand offer warranty for their blankets and you may be able to return the electric blanket for a refund.